Recap: Garcia Boxing Promotions - Irving, Texas
Irving, TX – Long live boxing was in attendance for Garcia Promotions Boxing latest event this past Saturday evening! The action took place at the Southern Junction Nightclub in Irving, TX and was headlined by local DFW prospect Rafael “Listo” Gaitan.
The popular hometown fighter Gaitan was well represented by many in attendance who donned the “Listo” Durango, Mexico, license plate plastered on a black tee shirt. Gaitan did not disappoint his fans by completely dismantling Robert Hill (2-5) in one round. A very well placed right body shot by Gaitan took the fight out of Hill and was down seconds later unable to beat the count. Vested ringside spectator, Mikey Garcia, was sitting comfortably in the action corner part of the ring and was the first to “dab touch” Gaitans glove immediately after the win!
With the win Gaitan improves to 5-0 and continues his ascend. Gaitan looked very strong for this fight! Testament to the hard work in training camp. Gaitan was very thankful and appreciative of everyone present. “I want to thank everyone for being here,” Gaitan said post fight “very much appreciate the continued support.”
FIGHT OF THE NIGHT
The honor for this evenings F.O.T.N. goes to Breehan “B-Fly” Rhyes Macias (3-0-2) and Ramiro Martinez (1-0-1). The contest was in the 118lb division and was an easy choice. Both warriors stood tall in exchanges that would please the most casual of fans. B-Fly sustained a cut over his left eye but seemed to be the only one not to notice. Bloody but continued fighting! Ramiro gave a good account of himself as well proving his chin can take some punches! In the end the bout was declared a Split Decision draw. (We had B-Fly squeaking it out by one round. )
· Micheal Matulis improves to 5-0 with a unanimous decision win over Dwight Gipson.
· Raul Manrique Jr. knocks out Andre Murray in the second round and is now 3-0.
· David “El Feraz” Bravo secures his 3rd win in his young career via ko in one.
· Jordan Jones (3-0) with the unanimous decision win over Orlando Collins.
· Marco “El Guero” Vazquez earns a tough unanimous decision victory over rugged Adrian Christmas. El Guero improves to 4-1.
· The Co Main event winner was Shuretta Metcalf (7-3-1) by unanimous decision over Karen Dulin.
Great action by both female fighters!
Article written by:
Manuel “Hopper” Dominguez